Welcome to Wylene – a large self catering bungalow on the outskirts of Great Barton village, near Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
The property has provision for older and less mobile guests, and part time wheelchair users – Level 2; and for hearing impairment Level 1.
▪ You can contact us by phone 01359 271130 or 079 2636 8901
or email email@example.com
▪ Our web site is www.wyleneholidayhome.co.uk
▪ We have a coloured information leaflet which is available in large print on request.
▪ This access statement will be available on request, in larger print if needed.
▪ A familiarisation tour can be requested (especially if disability problems to be managed). A list of disability equipment can be provided in advance.
▪ Arrival arrangements information will be sent to you including a map and directions from A14 junction 43 and 46.
▪ Bury St. Edmunds is our nearest town – 4 miles west of Wylene.
Buses to / from Bury St. Edmunds bus and railway station will stop about 400 yards from Wylene.
▪ The nearest railway station is Thurston 2½ miles (halt only) or Bury St. Edmunds.
▪ The nearest airport is London Stansted (about 1 hour drive) – there is a coach sevice to and from Bury St. Edmunds.
There is a coach service Newmarket or Cambridge / Heathrow – and Cambridge / Bury St. Edmunds.
▪ Please ask if you need assistance with local transport.
▪ There are taxis / hire cars / minibuses in our area who can provide wheelchair accessability – please ask.
▪ There is a shopmobility scheme from the Tourist Information office at The Apex in The Arc shopping centre, Bury St. Edmunds – see map with the welcome information at Wylene.
▪ Well behaved pets and ‘helping dogs’ are welcomed.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• At the front of the bungalow there is off road parking space for 3-4 vehicles plus 1 space in garage.
• The driveway is block paved and there is a concrete path around to the rear of the building.
• With your arrival information you will be asked to choose a 4 digit code number, and we will set the keysafe ready for you.
• There is a ramp to the front door with grab rail left side.
• An outside light will come on by sensor to light the drive / entrance area.
• The keysafe is situated on the wall on the right hand side of the front door. Instructions on how to use the keysafe are included in the arrival information.
• An extra key can be found on a hook inside the front door.
• You will step first into the hallway which leads to all rooms and the airing cupboard.
• There is a landline telephone in the snug (1st room on left). Around the corner of the hallway you will find coat hooks at high and low level, and a low full length mirror. The cleaning cupboard and the heating programmer is also situated there.
• There are smoke detectors in the hall which make high pitched scream alarms. There is also one vibrating, under pillow alarm which can be used by anyone who is hard of hearing.
▪ A hand bell, long shoe horns and large magnifier is provided, and hair dryer is kept there.
• Floors are level throughout the bungalow, fitted carpets to all bedrooms and snug, hard floors elsewhere.
• Doors and architrave are white painted, walls are magnolia.
• Doorway widths vary but none less than 700 mm.
• The conservatory is set up as dining room. The table seats 8. There are two carver chairs.
• The floor is laminated and the level is a step down from the main dwelling. There are two doors into the conservatory and a ramp is fitted from the kitchen through french doors.
• In the utility room you will find a front loading automatic washing machine and a condensing tumble dryer.
• There is an ironing board and iron, and airer.
• There is a rotary clothes line, stored outside, which can be set in the back lawn.
• If help is required to use these items – please ask.
• There is a Convenience Store at the local Petrol Filling Station (with ATM), a Hairdresser, Butcher’s and a Post Office in the village. You will find a map with the welcome information at Wylene.
• There are supermarkets in and around Bury St. Edmunds.
▪ The Bunbury Arms is the only pub in the village (only 300 yards away) – food served every day.
▪ There is a summer Bowling Club in East Barton Road who welcome visitors.
▪ Various activities and entertainments take place at the Village Hall.
▪ Theatre, Cinema, Nightclubs etc. in Bury St. Edmunds.
• Bedroom 1 – double with fitted wardrobe.
• Bedroom 2 – twin divan beds, and en suite shower room. Fitted wardrobe has adjustable height clothes rail. Mattress height 690 mm. One bed can be removed, on request, to give extra space – eg. for wheelchair.
• Bedroom 3 – full size (3 feet wide) bunk beds and freestanding wardrobe.
• Bedroom 4 – king size bed (mattress height 660 mm) and en suite shower room. Freestanding wardrobe has adjustable height clothes rail.
• Bedrooms are off the hallway and all carpeted.
• All beds with waterproof quilted mattress protectors. There are no feather pillows.
• Dining type chairs in bedrooms.
• All beds have bedside or over bed lights.
• Family bathroom is off the hall – white suite, lower half wall tiles are dark blue, top half white. Rails are white.
• Floor area – vinyl covered and cotton bath mats provided.
• Doorway gives 700mm clear space; twist lock on door.
• Basin with lever taps and cabinet over with mirror doors and shaver point inside.
• There is also an adjustable mirror sited lower.
• W.C is in a corner with a lift and raise grab rail beside. Clockwise turn to sit. Seat is 17 inches / 430mm high. Seat raiser available (+ 4 inches / 100mm). Space between corner of bath and shower cubicle is 750mm.
• Shower cubicle is 900mm, tray is only 70mm from floor and there is a horizontal grab rail inside.
• Whirlpool bath with lever taps and vertical grab rails on wall.
• There are rubber mats for the bath and shower.
• There is a stool suitable for use in the shower.
• There is a large heated towel rail / radiator.
▪ Kitchen is spacious and has a tiled floor.
▪ Electric oven is integrated below worktop with gas hob over.
▪ There is an electric filter hood over the hob with its own light.
▪ There are plenty of cupboards and drawers.
▪ Cold sink tap supplies drinking water as there is a water softener installed. There are lever taps.
▪ There is an under counter fridge and freezer. Also a fridge freezer in the utility room which can be switched on and used if needed.
▪ There is a microwave oven and a small dishwasher.
▪ Also provided – coffee maker and cafetiere as well as the usual kettle, toaster and radio.
▪ Grip gadget for opening lids provided.
▪ Perching stool available.
▪ The lounge is large and spacious. It is at the back overlooking the garden. There are 2 armchairs and 2 x 3 seat sofas. All seats are 530mm high.
▪ There is a widescreen Smart TV on the wall which can show subtitles if the programme provides.
▪ There are board games and jig saw puzzles in the cupboard.
▪ Is a smaller room providing a quiet place to sit and read or talk on the phone, or you can watch DVD’s or listen to CD’s through the TV there. You will also find some childrens toys in a box.
▪ Full instructions can be found here for WiFi internet which can be used in any rooms in the home.
Grounds and Gardens
• The front area is flat, at the same level as the road, and comprises of block paving and garage with shrub bed to one side and bins stored behind garage.
• There is a concrete path around the left side of the bungalow and the land slopes down to the patio and rear garden.
• The path provides access to the patio (which is a step down from the back doors of the bungalow) and also to the lawn at the rear.
• There are shrubs and some trees and herb garden; a swing seat and a narrow gravelled area to one side. In one corner is a bench seat under a pergola.
• There is space enough for children to play and some outdoor toys in the shed.
• On the patio is a resin table and 8 chairs.
• There is a small barbeque kept in the shed and a larger one near the patio under a cover.
• Some accessability aids are provided in the bungalow – see individual rooms.
• Also a portable alarm with flashing light / vibrating pad for smoke, heat and monoxide.
• Well behaved pets pets are allowed including helping dogs. There are food bowls and old towels for animal guests. On leaving owners are required to remove all trace of their pets both inside the bungalow and out.
• Mobile phone signal is variable depending on network used.
• We request no smoking inside the dwelling. On the rear patio there is a cigarette disposal box.
• The landline phone in the snug can be used, but charges may be taken from your deposit if usage exceeds £1.
Phone number is 01359 232073.
• Wi-fi internet access is free.
Contact address: Manager – Mrs Christine Whitton,
Arcadia, Bury Road, Beyton,
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk,
Telephone: Land line : 01359 271130
Mobile : 079 2636 8901
Emergency number: As above
• To be proactive in accessibility and to react to guests general comments.
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01359 271130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated: 1st July, 2021
near Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk